Associate QA Engineer
Exactpro is a specialist firm focusing on building software for testing technologically complex platforms of our clients – global financial industry leaders. Exactpro software and ideas are used in half of the top 20 largest global exchanges and clearing houses.
The company is headquartered in the United Kingdom with operations in the United States, Georgia, Sri Lanka, Lithuania, Armenia, Canada and Italy. Founded in 2009, it currently employs over 650 specialists. Exactpro was part of the London Stock Exchange Group from May 2015 till January 2018. In January 2018, the company completed a management buyout from LSEG.
Exactpro's software testing teams provide smooth operation of highly loaded distributed systems underpinning the exchanges' trading processes and ensuring the security of their transactions. Such systems are capable of processing tens of thousands of orders per second and conducting hundreds of millions of transactions daily. Some of our projects focus on testing blockchain systems and cloud solutions.
We are looking for Associate QA Engineers who will join our team and work with us to improve the quality of our customers' software using test automation.
- work as part of a software testing team delivering complex technical projects worldwide;
- review and analyse requirements and project specifications;
- check the validity of stock exchange or finance applications and environments;
- create, implement and maintain test tools, test scripts and test cases with a constant focus on automation;
- develop and maintain test scripts using programming languages (Python, Java, Kotlin);
- identify issues and report them via a defect tracking system;
- provide complete test reports to the project manager and the team;
- ensure effective project communication;
- maintain test documentation.
Please send us your CV if you:
- are a final year student or have technical university/college education;
- are knowledgeable in processes and methods of software testing;
- have knowledge/experience with at least one programming language;
- have hands-on experience with SQL, Linux;
- have good written and spoken English language skills to interact with international clients and colleagues;
- have a great desire to improve your existing skills and develop professionally in the IT industry.
- familiarity with Docker;
- understanding and application of test automation.
HR managers will contact you within 7 days after receiving your CV if it is selected for further consideration.
The position is available for applicants with disabilities.
It is likely that you have studied software testing at university/college, by yourself or via relevant courses, so you may not need additional preparation for the job interview. Nonetheless, if you would like to spend time preparing, we advise that you focus on the resources below.
Software testing theory:
ISTQB Syllabus Foundation Level https://www.istqb.org/certifications/certified-tester-foundation-level
Exactpro lecture on the Foundations of Software Testing https://youtu.be/NiZG8SkV-ps
SQL: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/ (please make sure you are using the English version)
Linux: https://www.linux.com/what-is-linux/ (you should be familiar at least with basic commands)
We wish you good luck in your preparations and look forward to getting your CV!