Date: 14 - 21 June 2014
Location: Trondheim See the map
XXXII International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models will be held on 16-21 June, 2014 in Trondheim, Norway, under the auspices of Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, and The Institute of Informatics Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and under the sponsorship of Exactpro.
Seminars on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models have a long tradition. They were founded by Vladimir Zolotarev in the 1970s. The seminars were attended by leading probabilists from all over the world. The Seminars traditionally aim at bringing together people from Eastern and Western parts of Europe to share their expertise, new results, exchange the ideas and discuss open problems. In this century, Seminars took place in Hungary, Bulgaria, Spain, Latvia, Italy, Israel, Romania, and Poland. The previous XXIX, XXX, and XXXI seminars were held in Russia: in 2011 and 2012 - in Svetlogorsk (Kaliningrad region, Russia) and in 2013 - in Moscow.
Main Topics of the XXXII Seminar
- Limit theorems and stability problems
- Asymptotic theory of stochastic processes
- Stable distributions and processes
- Asymptotic statistics
- Risk theory
- Discrete probability models
- Characterization of probability distributions
- Insurance and financial mathematics
- Applied statistics
- Queueing theory and modeling information systems.
- Statistical calculation and simulation (including MCMC)
- Spatial statistics
- Bio and medical statistics
- Stochastic dynamics
- Extreme value statistics
- Analysis of rounded data
- Nonparametric estimation
- Goodness-of-fit testing