Shsha - Everything You Need for Client Onboarding and Efficient Test Coverage Verification
- captures network traffic, parses and stores messages in a database
- allows running SQL queries
- allows performing client onboarding
- allows processing data from test and production environments to create test libraries of active test scenarios
- allows verifying test coverage
Shsha is a post-transactional passive-testing tool which allows to test the back-end of trading platforms, market data, post-trade, market surveillance systems without interacting with them. Shsha lets you easily comply with audit and regulatory requirements.
- Supports various industry-standard and proprietary protocols
- Analyzes client activity and forecasts system response
- Captures messages, pcap files in real time or after the fact
- Parses and displays logs in a user-friendly way
- Can process massive amounts of data from various clients
- Allows using SQL queries for interacting with the app
- Allows making summarized reports
- Has intuitive GUI
Shsha can be used when a Client of an exchange performs onboarding certification tests.
Shsha allows processing the existing data from test and production environments and creating the needed library of active testing scenarios.
Characteristics of Shsha
- Testing Type
- Passive Real-Time/Batch
- Target SUT
- Trading Platforms, Market Data Delivery and Post-Trade Systems
- SUT Interface
- Back-end (typically connected to message gateways / APIs, and DBs)
- SUT Interaction Method
- Inputs and outputs monitored by means of message capture and log parsing, to analyze client activity and forecast system response; DB queries for data verification; files transfer, upload, export and comparison. Captured messages can be viewed and analyzed in real-time or post-factum.
- Extant plugins for industry-standard (FIX and dialects, FAST, SWIFT, ITCH, HTTP, SOAP, etc.) and proprietary (MIT, SAIL, HSVF, RTF, RV, Reuters, Fidessa OA, Quant House, etc.) protocols. New bespoke plug-ins for additional protocols developed by request (codecs are shared between Sailfish and Shsha).
- Test Scripts
- Certification tests and data reconciliation may be performed by using ordinary SQL queries. Test message traffic generated in real time or replayed from log files by other tools (e.g. Sailfish).
- Test Management, Execution and Reporting
- Integrated (Desktop front-end), allows for multiple simultaneous heterogeneous connections, consecutive execution of multiple planned scripts, test results summary and detailed test reports. Optional Big Button framework is supported.
- Platform requirements
- Low footprint cross-platform application, MySQL.