ClearTH - an Innovative Way to Test Clearing, Settlement and Back-Office Systems
ClearTH is a unique Exactpro tool able to simultaneously execute multiple end-to-end test scenarios in batches. ClearTH easily detects abnormal behavior in the system under test and effectively predicts potential issues. It offers many built-in actions to cover the majority of activities in post-trade systems.
ClearTH - is a web-based application for testing post-trade systems.
- Verifies each stage of the DLC
- Has an integrated schedule
- Automatically runs test scripts
- Creates multiple-day test scenarios
- Performs concurrent multiple tests
- Has integrated simulators
- Supports SWIFT ISO protocol
ClearTH has a built-in schedule support to reflect the operational schedule of post-trade systems under test in order to verify all of their processes. ClearTH allows multiple users to test the system concurrently, which makes the testing more effective.
Post-trade systems use industry-standard solutions to implement their functions. For example, the SWIFT standard for message definition or message queue is used as the trasport layer for message exchange. ClearTH supports many industry-standard (FIX and dialects, FAST, SWIFT, ITCH, HTTP, SOAP, FTP, etc.) and proprietary protocols. New bespoke plug-ins for additional protocols can be developed by request.
ClearTH scripts have a simple CSV format.
The scripts contain Actions to be executed in the system under test, separately or in batches. The Actions are grouped into Global Steps which reflect the schedule of a business day or even many business days. Most ClearTH scenarios span days and involve a large number of steps.
ClearTH can send messages and verify the responses, analyze the database the system works with, check logs and reports that the system records.
ClearTH tests the system, producing a thorough report about the testing process. If anything unexpected happens, ClearTH will inform you. If some actions in a script have been used in a strange order or if some mandatory parameters are missing, you will receive an alert.
Characteristics of ClearTH
- Testing Type
- Active Batch
- Target SUT
- Post-Trade Platforms and Middle Office
- SUT Interface
- Back-end (typically connected to message gateways / APIs, and DBs); GUI Testing Capabilities supported via plug-ins to other tools (e.g. Selenium)
- SUT Interaction Method
- Schedule-driven batch processing (often spanning several business days). Internal scheduler aligned with the SUT scheduler. DB queries for data verification
- Extant plug-ins for Industry-standard (FIX and dialects, FAST, SWIFT, ITCH, HTTP, SOAP, FTP, etc.) and proprietary protocols. New bespoke plug-ins for additional protocols developed by request
- Test Scripts
- Human-readable CSV files; scripts generated manually by test analysts or automatically by test script generator using transactional and reference databases
- Test Management, Execution and Reporting
- Integrated (Web front-end), allows for multiple simultaneous heterogeneous connections, concurrent execution of multiple planned scripts linked to particular global steps, test results summary and detailed test reports. Based on Big Button framework principles
- Platform requirements
- Low footprint cross-platform application, MySQL or other RDBMS