Date: 07 October 2021
The Japan Electronic Trading Conference 2021 aimed to address real issues, challenges and opportunities impacting the region’s electronic trading community. This one-day virtual conference provided a series of industry-focused presentations and panel sessions. The event’s agenda featured:
- An interactive program that truly addresses market needs
- Impartial, high-quality content
- The knowledge and experience of industry leading speakers
- Business and technical sessions promoting education and sparking debate
- Opportunities throughout the day to connect with exhibitors to explore the latest offerings in the market
Hiroshi Matsubara, Exactpro's Director of Business Development, Japan & Asia Pacific and Co-chair, Japan Regional Committee, FIX Trading Community, represented Exactpro at the event for the first time. Matsu also moderated Panel Discussion 5 on the Evolution of Digital Assets and How They Could Transform the Financial Market and Settlement Structure in Japan.
The list of panelist included:
Mr. Yutaka Soejima
Director General of Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies
Bank of Japan
Mr. Mamoru Fujimoto
Executive Officer, Head of Blockchain Promotion Dept., SBI Holdings
Representative Director and CEO, SBI R3 Japan
Mr. Eiji Kobayashi
Country Head, Japan
Securitize Japan K.K.
This panel participants analysed how the ongoing evolution of digital assets (Security Token and Crypto Assets) might bring transformation into the traditional financial market and settlement structure and discussed what the future holds in the Japanese market.